So many of us have made a commitment to try and eat healthier this year. I know as I’m getting older this is something I struggle with trying to do day by day. It isn’t easy when you are a busy business woman and have a family and other responsibilities. It also doesn’t help that there aren’t many fast food places dedicated to healthy eating. As a society, I hope someone, somewhere, is working on a franchise like this. Subway is great, but I mean a healthy place on a McDonald’s type level you know. Anyhow, I love salads that are bursting with texture and flavor. Pomegranates are very much in season now and I like to enjoy them as much as I can. Here is a simple recipe to do just that. Even though I used chicken as the protein source here, shrimp and tofu would also be a wonderful protein sources. Happy and healthy eating!
TIP: to deseed pomegranates, in a large bowl hold the pomegranates over the bold and use a large spoon to beat them out. Very easy and it works.
- 3 cups of mixed lettuce
- ½ cup of chunky cooked chicken
- ½ cup broccoli
- ¼ cup small sized chopped sweet potatoe
- ⅓ cup deseeded pomegranate
- ¼ cup finely of shaved carrots
- Goat cheese
- Pomegranate dressing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- In a small pan put some olive oil and cook the sweet potato and a bit of salt and pepper for about 5-8 minutes on medium heat just until tender. Do not over cook. You want them to still have some firmness to them.
- In a large bowl put all the ingredients and the salad dressing. Toss and serve